Reference No: SEC/0001 Based in Lusaka, Zambia, Lusaka International Community School (LICS) is a co-educational, secular, fee-paying, non-profit school, which provides an internationally recognised education to a culturally diverse, globally...
Reference No: SEC/0001
Based in Lusaka, Zambia, Lusaka International Community School (LICS) is a co-educational, secular, fee-paying, non-profit school, which provides an internationally recognised education to a culturally diverse, globally minded student body in a caring and supportive learning environment. LICS holds in high esteem its vision statement which is to “maximise the potential of future world citizens”.
LICS is a leading independent Pre-Primary, Primary and Secondary School based in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, Zambia and is a member of CIS, AISA and ISAZ; it is also the largest international school in the region.
The school is in an exciting phase of facility and curriculum development and will offer the incumbent an enriching and enjoyable sense of professional fulfillment. For more information about Zambia, please visit, https://www.zambiatourism.com/
We are seeking to appoint a
Specialist Head of Secondary English with effect 1 January 2021 (or as soon as possible there after).
LICS offers an attractive remuneration package paid in US$. A tax free gratuity is paid upon successful completion of each contract. Fully furnished modern accommodation and monthly utility expenses are covered by the school. Exceptional Medical Insurance is offered along with a range of other benefits such as generous and meaningful professional development, settling in allowances, baggage allowances etc.
- Be up to date with the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) KS3, IGCSE and A-Level English curriculum and assessment standards.
- Previous Middle Leadership (minimum 2 years) is essential
- Registration with a Teachers’ Accreditation / Registration Body.
- Be a dynamic, driven person with a desire for educational excellence.
- Be willing to be part of a successful team at a school with a well-established academic record.
- Have a sense of humour.
- Possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 3 years’ relevant teaching experience.
- Additional qualifications relevant to the role.
Lusaka International Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Potential employees will be subject to full security vetting.