Maximising the potential of future world citizens.
LICS shall provide an internationally recognised education to a culturally diverse, globally-minded student body in a caring and supportive learning environment.
LICS, a co-educational, secular, fee-paying, non-profit school, owned and managed by the parental body through an elected Board of Directors in a Company limited by guarantee upholds the following principles:
- LICS shall develop in its students the character, virtues, values, competencies, and ability to develop connections as sentient and caring global citizens to serve as future world citizens.
- LICS shall actively promote and maintain the spirit of a multicultural community in which individuals and groups embrace understanding, equality, and respect for each other.
- LICS shall continually foster a caring, child-centred and family orientated atmosphere and environment.
- LICS shall take the CIE (University of Cambridge International Examinations) curriculum as its base and constantly review and develop its curriculum in line with international standards and needs.
- LICS shall provide a range of co-curricular activities.
- LICS shall implement varied and appropriate teaching, learning and assessment methods to cater for different learning styles, abilities, skills and interests, with due accountability for performance and conduct for teacher and student.
- LICS shall employ a blended learning methodology, embracing appropriate technologies for teaching and learning while upholding the values of handwriting skills and personal expression.
- LICS shall employ a diverse faculty of well qualified, competent and highly motivated local and international staff.
- LICS shall develop and maintain a campus providing the facilities and resources to fulfill the school’s educational goals.
- LICS shall promote and embrace the principles and practices of responsible environmental awareness.
- LICS shall put in place governing systems which ensure prudent finance and responsible business practice.
- LICS shall actively engage with the wider community and encourage the participation of all its stakeholders.
- LICS shall strive to uphold excellence in all areas of operation through international accreditation processes, self-reflection and continuous improvement.
- LICS aims to engender in its community a broad understanding of global issues contributing to a fairer and more peaceful world.