Thank you for your interest in joining our dynamic team of teachers at LICS!
A list of our current vacancies can be found below.
Lusaka International Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Potential employees will be subject to full security vetting.
Once you have emailed your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, you will be contacted by administration if you are shortlisted for an initial interview. Depending on circumstances, this may be via Skype, or on site at LICS.
We conduct all interviews using a standardized interview guide for the relevant position to ensure fairness to all interviewees. During your interview, you will learn in more detail about the post, the school’s expectations and conditions of employment and if you are an international teacher, life in Lusaka and Zambia. We encourage interviewees to be ready to ask any questions you have relating to the role, the school or living in Lusaka.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
|An application letter (a maximum of 1 page in A4 format) explaining why you are interested in the position and why you would be a good fit for our school.|
|An up-to-date and detailed curriculum vitae (a maximum of 2 pages in A4 format).|
|Contact details for 3 professional referees.|
|A statement describing your educational philosophy (1 page in A4 format).|
Copies of your qualifications and registration certificate with a relevant teaching council of accreditation body.
Please combine all documents in a single pdf file and email to email@example.com
SALARY AND BENEFITS
LICS offers the following salary and benefits.
|Competitive basic salary (paid in US dollars)|
|Gratuity at the end of 2 year contract|
|Baggage and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract for overseas hire staff|
|Furnished accommodation for overseas hire staff including basic utilities|
|Settling in allowance for overseas hire staff|
|Tuition support at LICS for dependent children|
|Health insurance for faculty and dependents including emergency evacuation
Excellent professional development support
We seek to appoint the following positions
KEY STAGE 1 CLASSROOM TEACHER
SECONDARY BIOLOGY TEACHER
SECONDARY CHEMISTRY TEACHER
SECONDARY ARTS TEACHER
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES TEACHER
SECONDARY CAREERS GUIDANCE COUNSELLOR
SECONDARY SECONDARY VICE-PRINCIPAL ACADEMIC
SECONDARY KEY STAGE 3 MATHEMATICS TEACHER.
SECONDARY MUSIC TEACHER
SECONDARY STUDENT COUNSELLOR
SECONDARY MODERN FOREIGN LANGUAGE SPECIALISING IN FRENCH
With effect 1 August 2019.
- Be up to date with the Cambridge curriculum and assessment standards.
- Possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 3 years’ relevant teaching experience.
- Experience in integrating technology in a meaningful manner.
- Registered with TCZ (Teaching Council of Zambia)
- Be a dynamic, driven person with a desire for educational excellence.
- Be willing to be part of a successful team at a school with a well-established academic record.
- Have a sense of humour.Please submit your letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgThe closing date for receiving all applications is Friday 8th February 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.