LICS is a CIS (Council of International Schools) and ISAZ (Independent Schools Association of Zambia) accredited International School in Zambia and follow the Cambridge Curriculum. We offer Pre-Primary, Primary and Secondary curricula, through to A Levels.
We have a diverse student body spanning more than 50 nationalities and a warm community atmosphere. Our local and international staffing compliment are experts in their professions and are committed to ensuring the optimal development of the student’s in their care.
LICS welcomes applications from students with all educational, international, cultural and religious backgrounds. It is the aim of the school to enrol a wide range of students encompassing the international educational spectrum.
The school appreciates that students from a variety of backgrounds, and with different educational needs will need careful assessment on entry to ascertain their own particular strengths and weaknesses as a learner. LICS aims to meet individual student needs through its student-centred approach to teaching. Admission tests are therefore administered to potential students to gain insight into the student’s individual abilities. The results of the tests are closely discussed by the academic staff, the respective Principal and, where required, the Student Support Services Department. Students are then placed in the most appropriate class for their age. Only in extreme cases may a lower or higher grade be recommended, and only if it best suits the needs of the child and meets the basic requirements of the LICS Admissions Policy.
We welcome you to make an appointment to visit the school and meet with our Admissions Secretary to give you the opportunity to view our facilities and experience the unique LICS atmosphere, whilst giving you an opportunity to have any of your questions answered.
+260 760 634780
For an application to be considered you will also be requested to complete and submit copies/upload softcopies of the following to support your application:
- Copy of student’s birth certificate and/or passport
- Copy of student’s most recent academic records / school report
- Copy of parent’s/guardian’s identification (passport)
- Copy of Immunisation Records (only for Pre-Primary application)
- Copy of all permits applicable to the family
- Medical Record Form to be completed in full by parent/guardian, signed and dated
- Fee Structure and Tuition Fee Payment Policy to be read, signed and dated
- Financial Clearance Certificate to be completed by current/previous school – applicable if your child is attending a fee-paying school
- Confidential Student Reference Form to be completed by student’s current/previous class teacher or Form Tutor – applicable for all applications from Year 1 to Year 12
Please download the documents below for your attachments;
To make an application for a place at LICS, please complete the online application form.
The Admissions Secretary will contact you to confirm receipt of your application and to advise on the next steps.