Are you an inspirational educational leader eager to take a growing and vibrant Arts Academy through its next exciting phase as you help shape and lead its strategic direction?
Based in Lusaka, Zambia, Lusaka International Community School (LICS) is a co-educational, secular, fee-paying, non-profit school, which provides an internationally recognised education to a culturally diverse, globally-minded student body in a caring and supportive learning environment. LICS holds in high esteem its vision statement which is to “maximise the potential of future world citizens”.
LICS is a leading independent Pre-Primary, Primary, and Secondary School based in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, Zambia, and is a member of CIS, AISA, and ISAZ.
The school currently has an opening in the Arts Academy and is looking for a suitably qualified individual to join the LICS community in this role.
- Strong leader and motivator as well as being enthusiastic, innovative, and inspirational as the frontline representative of the LICS Arts Academy
- Strategic skills to develop the Arts Academy further to ensure the best possible creative development of our learners
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional, flexible & have a wide range of adaptable creative and musical skills
- Be proficient with Excel worksheets, have a strong knowledge of MS Word, good cognition of the English language, and writing skills
- Bachelor of Music and Post Graduate Certificate in Education or Master of Arts in Music Education
- Five years experience in fulltime music teaching as well as experience in leading performing arts in an international school
- Grade 8 ABRSM standard piano skills
- Extensive experience in musical directing (Musical productions, choral and orchestral settings, etc.)
- Development in cooperation with HoS the strategic development of LAA as an integral element of the strategic development of LICS
- Implementation of the approved strategic steps and monitoring the success and further development
- Monthly Enrollment figures
- Parental letters and performance invites
- Termly Board reports
- Management of Arts Academy Budget
- Event planning and advertising (liaising with LAA administrator)
- Managing and scheduled for 15 external music and dance teachers termly
- Keeping abreast of tracking makeup lessons owed to students by liaising with peripatetic music teachers
- Taking register of teachers’ teaching schedules
- The quality and currency of curriculum provision
- Decisions relating to developments needed, together with the implications for staffing and resources
- Monitoring the quality of learning and teaching within extra-curricular lessons
- Assuring vertical planning takes place across all three schools in academic Music planning
- Developing and maintaining excellent relations with parents, students, and teachers across all three schools
- Priorities and goals within the Music Academic subject improvement plan, which must complement the Cambridge Curriculum
- Department leadership, professional development, and guidance of full-time staff, administration, and peripatetic teachers of the Arts academy.
Arts Events Planning and Co-ordinating
- Lead and manage all performing arts events
- Directing annual Secondary Theatre Productions
- Working with a team for the facilitation of Primary and Pre-Primary productions
- Providing and promoting accurate details of LAA services and events on offer
- Co-Ordination of the LICS Arts Festival
KS 4/5 Teaching
- Teaching and promotion of the IGCSE Cambridge Music Curriculum to Years 10 and 11
- Promote and identify potential candidates for Cambridge A level Music Programme
Apply using this link here and fill in the online application form and upload a detailed CV with a covering letter along with three referees, one of whom should be your current supervisor by 08.01.2021, Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Lusaka International Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to full security vetting.